• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod8
    replied
    Re: I have to cheat to have a home...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting National Runaway Switchboard for emotional support and resources. It sounds like this is a trying time for you as you try to navigate life's choices around how to survive. We imagine these must be tough choices to make especially since it goes against your mannerisms as you describe yourself as someone who wants better for herself. We appreciate your openness about your situation.

We heard you when you said you do not know how things got this way but we are not in the position to tell you what to do. We can only provide support and resources. Do you have someone you can confide in about what you told us since seem to be torn on the matter? Have you considered other options? We are here for you.

We do provide 24 hours a day crisis intervention. We can help locate resources for you if you wish to consider living in a shelter or a transitional living program. TLPs can help you get on your feet, get you back into school, takes care of your basic needs and provide support with counseling if this is something you want to do.

Since so much as happened and the added stress, we imagine you had to do what you had to survive now. We can be a source of support for you. You are welcome to call us. We do not mind if you call to vent. We are here for you 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and can be reached at 1800RUNAWAY. We are confidential and anonymous.

How long have you been feeling suicidal? Another resource to contact is 1800-273-TALK (8255) for support. We hope these resources can help and that you call when you to help you locate resources.

-NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I have to cheat to have a home...

I have to cheat to have a home...

Firstly, I don't know how I got into this...I posted months ago when I was having issues with my stepmom (see "The Bad Stepdaughter"), and since then I managed to stay with my best friend for the summer (unsupported by my parents, but I'll explain that as needed). My major problem is that she moved away and is living with someone else. My dad has been trying to get me to come back home for school breaks and such, but I am uncomfortable with my stepmom...I literally feel unsafe, and whenever I try to explain this to him, he completely disregards my feelings and tells me to "get over it". I was in the hospital this summer due to a major anxiety attack that could have cost my life...and he still tells me to get over myself and that I'm blowing it all out of proportion...after she's abused and hurt me all those times he's blissfully at work.

But I've gotten so desperate now that I've cheated on my boyfriend (who I love more than anything) in order to find someone to take me in. I met someone in California online who said he'd let me stay with him for holidays and even pay for my airfare...the problem is, he thinks I'm in love with him and is already talking about the future. I keep going with the charade because it feels like that's the only way I'll have shelter. Also, I don't know him, so I'm risking my life here...but the worst part is having to be unfaithful to the one I love the most...and Ive thought of suicide just at the idea of hurting him. I don't know what to do...I hate mysef so much, and I feel so weak and pathetic. Please help me.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X