Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boyfriend

Ohkay ive been with my boyfriend for about 3 months now and i broke up with him a couple of days ago and he came down to see me this past weekend, but the problem is that i told him i would get back with him even though i dont really wont to, i just couldnt tell him that, but i didnt think he was gonna try and still see me even though were broken up. so i just want to know, what do i do. and how do i tell him i dont want to be with him anymore without completely breaking his heart because this boy is like seriously attached. please help!

Re: boyfriend

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us during this time. Break ups are never an easy thing. It sounds like you really care about this person and you also what to do what’s right for you. It seems like you’re saying that this break up needs to happen and is going to happen at some point. Do you think sooner is better than later? If you really care about him and don’t want to hurt him, it sounds like being honest right away is best. Do you think that telling him what you’re feeling and sticking to that would be best? You mentioned that you got back with him even though you realized that’s not what you want to do. It sounds like you realize that you are ready to be done with the relationship, and while it might not be easy to tell the other person you are done, you know it may be the best thing.

There really doesn’t seem to be an easy answer to your questions because there isn’t an easy way to carefully break someone’s heart. It’s going to happen and it sounds like it’s a matter of when and how…not if.

Do you get advice from family or friends? How do they think you could handle the situation? Sounds like people around you would know you the best and therefore have a better idea on what you could do.

Thank you again for reaching out and if you want to explore this a bit more with us, please contact our free, confidential and anonymous hotline 24hrs a day at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We will be here to listen and explore.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

im 17 years old and in a month i will be 18

i am a runaway rite now as i am typing im goin to be 18 in about 53 days what can i do i am with my boyfriend who is 22 i dont want the police to catch him o for him to have any problems because he has a 3 year old daughter
      what can i do?
      i dont want to go home i love my boyfriend and i want to be with him im working and paying for all my expenses what can i do so my boyfriend doesnt get in trouble . and what will be the conseqeunces if the police catches me

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now and it was very brave of you to contact us. Hopefully, we can provide you with some resources that will be able to help you out.

It sounds like you are currently 17 years old but will be 18 shortly. You said that you are currently with your boyfriend who is older than you and you are afraid that he will get into trouble but you don’t want to go home. Would you be able to tell us what is going on at home?

Unfortunately, we aren’t legally trained here so we wouldn’t be able to tell you what specifically would happen. Generally speaking, if you ran away from home and your parent or legal guardian filed a report with the police, then your boyfriend might get into trouble. If the police locate you at his home, they may take you to the police department and contact your legal guardian. From that point, they may make arrangements for you to return home. Now, your legal guardian may have the option to press charges against him for harboring a runaway or contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Again, we aren’t legally trained here and the laws vary from state to state so we are unable to give you a specific answer. The local police may be able to give you more concrete answers if you were to call them. We understand that it can be scary to call the police so, if you would like, we can help you call them.

Running away isn’t illegal but it is considered a status offense; a status offense is something that you can’t do if you are under the age of 18 such as running away or skipping school. In most states, once you turn 18, you are considered a legal adult and can usually leave home on your own. It may seem like this is a lot of stuff and we are sorry if it seems overwhelming or scary but we just want to give you as much information as we can. Again, we are glad that you have reached out to us.

If you would like to call us, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have online chat that is available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week through our website (http://www.1800runaway.org). We are completely confidential and anonymous.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X