•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod7
    replied
    Re: Want to go home.

Thank you so much for writing in and letting us know a bit about your situation. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now and that you may not be safe at the moment. You mentioned that you are married and emancipated but it sounds like you are dealing with an abusive situation, and you are right that you shouldn’t have to live in fear. No one should be abused in any way and it’s very brave of you to reach out and try to find some help.

You mentioned that you want to return back home to NM. Do you have people that you are able to stay with? Do you have any way of returning back to NM? Have you spoken with anyone about your situation? Does your husband have any idea that you want to return home? Have you thought about a safety plan when you do leave? Do you think it would be helpful to have a safe place to go while you figure out what to do next, like a domestic violence shelter?

It’s certainly understandable how hard all of this must be, but it sounds like you want to be safe and get out of your current situation. One resource that may be helpful to contact is the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. They work specifically with abusive situations and may be able to help direct you to resources that will help you be safe. Of course you can also contact our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours a day. There is always someone here to listen if you want to discuss your situation more in depth. We are here to talk about options and even find resources in your area if needed. Stay safe and remember you can call us anytime day or night.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Want to go home.

Want to go home.

I need some help. I'm 17 years old, I turn 18 in January. I am married, and emancipated. Our relationship is not working and I want to return back to my home in NM. I don't know what to do. We have had abuse problems in the past, and I feel like I shouldn't live in fear... But I need help. I have always been on my own and I feel very hopeless... Please some one help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X