Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend and I have gone no contact because of abuse from family

My girlfriend and I love each other deeply. She is the only true friend I have in the world right now, and me hers. Basically everything was going great (moderately) until gas prices skyrocketed and we found ourselves in financial ruin. My parents got involved and horribly harassed and abused me and my girlfriend even more. Now we have gone no contact. I only get tidbits of information from her from her reddit posts but at the very least I know she is still alive (seriously) and is going to stay with me in my state. And that she still loves me.

I am in a domestic violence shelter escaping from my parents and my situation is improving. Her lease ends Halloween (ironic). I don't really know what her financial situation is besides that she has built up some savings but is basically as screwed as me. We have a mutual understanding of the situation but I don't know what her plans are once the lease ends. To be completely honest I think she will more likely than not be homeless. But she knows what shelter I am staying at, I gave her a ton of resources, she can contact me when she wants to, and she is in contact with other resources.

I am not religious but I suppose I am now because I am praying everyday that she is safe, healthy, and prepared. And that I see her again. I haven't seen her in months.

She suffers from mental illness and I know this is all very hard and traumatic for her but I agreed to not contact her until she reaches out to me. I just wish I was there.

This is so ********ing impossible for me to cope with because I can't really tell my friends what is going on, for mine and hers and their protection. I can barely speak to the staff here about it because they are so busy.

So that's where I am. I have a job so I survived. I hope she will too.

Her family is abusive to her as well and knows where she lives.

Praying that she comes to my shelter.

wtf do i do

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X