Finally looking for help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally looking for help

I'm going through the worst relationship ever it has me like I'm not in existence and I isolate myself too much I'm getting sicker and don't know what to do or where to go. I want to kill myself but wish I would just die.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); [url]www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org[/url] is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); [url]www.1800runaway.org[/url] (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I'm planning on running away I live with my mom and grandma they are emotionally abusing and they always treat me like garbage compared to my other siblings last time I ran away I was caught found dragged by my hair back home I ran away again and the same thing happened but this time I'm going on my own and I don't know where to go and I don't know how to get anywhere in my mom will find me and I don't want that to happen can someone please help me get away

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. You are very brave.

You do not deserve to be abused by your mom and grandma. If you find it helpful to talk about this abuse you can reach out to us anytime by giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chatting with us at our website. Child Help or the child abuse hotline is another resource you could reach out to. You can give them a call or text them at 1-800-422-4453 or chat with them at their website: childhelp.org. If you haven’t already it could also be helpful to talk with your mom and grandma about how they treat you. You could also try talking to trusted adults in your life like a school counselor, other family member, or friend’s parent about your mom and grandma. In terms of places to go, staying with another legal guardian, if you have one, could reduce the chances of you being returned to your mom if you run away. Something else that could reduce your chances of being returned to your mom if you run away is filing an abuse report about your mom and grandma. Filing this report would require you to share personal information and details of the abuse. You can file a report by reaching out to us or Child Help. In terms of safe places to go, we can help you find shelters in your area if you reach out to us by phone or online chat. These shelters may also offer free transportation to them.

Thank you again for reaching out. You are not alone. Feel free to give us a call or chat with us anytime as we are available 24/7 and are completely confidential. Best of luck!
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X