16 and 17 been together since 11, they want to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and 17 been together since 11, they want to run away

Their parents are emotionally and physically abusive. They have been this way since my partner was 3 years old. I am 16 and they are 17, we have been together since we were both 11 and slowly I've been finding out about all the horrible things their parents have done to them and their brother. They threaten, manipulate, gaslight, and scream constantly at my partner. When I'm on call with them I will hear their dad beating my partner's little brother for the smallest mishaps. He has Autism, and they obviously refuse to accommodate or care for him. My partner speaks about how their dad used to beat them the same way when they were little. He would get drunk and pick fights with their mom, alongside throwing them around, beating them, throwing things at them, and all-around being a horrid excuse for a dad. The mom isn't much better herself, but she was never physical with the kids only emotional. My partner had finally after 2 years of talking about it, supposedly gained their parents' trust, and we're going to come live with me for school. However, as soon as both parents seemed to be on board, and like they were actually going to let them leave, they changed their minds and started to be very violent. On-call with my partner just today, the dad started yelling about how "you'll never amount to anything without me" "I'm your only lifeline" "your an ungrateful little b*tch" "You have to wait for me to come with you so I can keep an eye on you" "I'd never let you go up there by yourself, you'd probably become a hooker". They've told me how they had been contemplating running away since they were 15 but wanted to wait until they were 17 so their parents would only have a legal obligation to find them for a year. I support this decision. I have seen the bruises, the fights, the pain, the crying. I just want them to be happy. For once in their life they deserve happiness. We've been together for so long, I've seen so much and heard even more. The dad is aggressively homophobic, transphobic, racist, you name it he's probably it. My partner is Mexican, Native American, and Romani. The dad is white, I've heard him call both of us so many slurs and then say how he was just joking. He's been lying about sobering up for years and has been giving my partner false hope of leaving. The mom recently left him (finally), and she's filing for divorce, but he obviously doesn't want her to leave and end the abusive little power trip he's been on for the past 17 years. The mom was supposedly what was holding my partner back from leaving, but I suspect that was what the dad wanted my partner to think. He constantly blames everything on the mom, "she tried to get me arrested" "she cheated on me" "she's a wh*re", anything to try and convince his kids that he's the good guy. Sorry, this is so long but I could go on all day about how horrible both parents are. We can't even get the police involved because we've tried that but he is friends and family with the whole department in the town they live in has gotten out of jail for anything that he's had the police called on him for. Including the abuse and alcoholism. Anyways, they wanted running away to be plan b, but plan a isn't working out...I'm sorry I just don't have anyone else to help us. My family lives states away from theirs, so they want to come up here for a safe place to hide. My parents understand why they want to run away and would be willing to let them stay here. I just.. we need help from someone who understands why kids run away.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like your friend is quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned your friend being harmed. We’re sorry they are going through this. They don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. They are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you and them through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-23-2021, 12:06 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X