No announcement yet.

My partner runaway and is in a different state.

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My partner runaway and is in a different state.

    My 17 year old partner runaway from an abusive household with a friend. They both live in a different state. Im scared for them and don't know how to help them, I can't let them into my house because of family, but I need to help them. Is there anyway to help? I told them to come here but they are hesitant...

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you so much for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are so glad you reached out, and your partner and their friend are lucky to have someone who cares for them. Your partner deserves to be in a safe and validating environment.

    We are a resource and referral hotline, and we do not offer direct housing or shelter resources. However, if your partner and/or their friend give us a call or chat, we may be able to put them in touch with some resources in their area. We can also offer support by helping them create a safety plan, talking about general runaway laws, and offering them support. If they need any assistance, we would be happy to help in any way that we can. If they are in immediate danger and in need of a safe place to go, they can try texting "safe" to 69866 and their location to see if there is a National Safe Place organization near them.

    Please let your partner and their friend know they can reach out to us anytime. We are open 24/7 and we are completely confidential. They can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or they can live chat us through our website

    Best of luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove