•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    replied
    Hello there!

We are glad you reached out for help and support. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help, especially when you think that there might be a lot of things to change or handle differently.

While we typically handle issues with youth in crisis about running away, we do have resources that may be available in your community to help you talk about your relationship issues and support you. If you chat with us through our website or call us on our crisis hotline at (800) RUNAWAY, we can get some more details and may be able to find some resources for you as well. Both the chat and the hotline are available 24/7 and both are completely confidential.

We understand that you still really love your ex, that you know he did not treat you the way you wanted or needed, and that he wants to get married. It is also clear that you know you deserve to be treated thoughtfully and in ways that meet your needs. It sounds like you found that with your new relationship.

It can be really challenging for all of us to make good decisions for our own best interest when love is involved. We strongly encourage you to talk this through with people you trust and some relationship professionals who can help you look at your situation from all angles and help you figure out what is really best for you.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you'd like to discuss your situation more. You can contact us directly by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care!

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Confused ex

Confused ex

A lot of the relationship I had to fight for his attention
    He didn’t communicate with me
    He ignored me when it came to talking about issues we needed to talk about and honestly his anger he sometimes took out on me and it scared me so much. I would tell him that my love language is physical affection and words of affirmation. Like I would ask for more compliments or hint that I want one and he would say stuff like since you just hinted for one I’m not gonna compliment you because it defeats the purpose. A lot of the time I literally paid for him to literally come see me or I paid for half the ******** he “bought me” aka paying him back. He never really got me any gifts I never got a birthday gift or Christmas gift or valentines gift from him or not even flowers. Ngl I always felt like like it was one sided a lot and that I loved him more then he would ever love me and it hurt I broke up with him because I literally felt like that was the only way for me to not hurt him. After the break up I got diagnosed with bpd and he went to basic training Air Force it’s been two months now and he wants to get back together I’m terrified because I don’t want to be with someone who makes me feel like that I also have been talking to someone who literally treats me like I’m a princess I feel torn because I still really love my ex but I don’t wanna be treated terrible but what if he’s changed I love him yet I’m terrified what do I do
    especially with it being a military relationship
    I mean he wants to get married
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X