Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she needs help

hi i have this friend who well does things she shount not drugs but other things with any guy who asks and it worries me she was abusived by the men in her family when she was little and i wonder if maybe she does it to feel special and wanted ive tryed to talk to her about it but she says it dont bother her but i know it does cause once i was at her house and when the guy left i found her sobbing on the floor (he did not hurt her) she told me she wanted to stop but just count she said that it was like her mind wount let her say no she wount talk to me about it anymore since that night i know she crys every time i want to help her what do i do shes 17 and im scared that she goinbg to mess up her life what do i do?

Re: she needs help

Thank you for posting a bulletin. It sounds like you are concerned about your friend and her safety. It can be hard when we want to help our friends from getting hurt and protecting her. It can be difficult when they don’t accept the help though. You are a good friend for being supportive. We are glad that you reached out to us and hope that we can provide some assistance.

One other place that may be helpful is the National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline. They can provide support about relationships and dating. They can be reached at 1866-331-9474 or you can also view their site at http://www.loveisrespect.org/.

If you feel that your friend is in immediate danger, then it would be best to contact 911. You are also welcome to talk with Child Protective Services. The purpose of CPS is to identify, treat, and reduce child abuse and or neglect, as well as to ensure that reasonable efforts are made to protect and maintain children in their own homes. You can make a report with CPS of any abuse and/or neglect. The calls can be made anonymous, so that your confidentiality is maintained. Also anyone that has witness or knows of the abuse can also make a report on your friend’s behalf. CPS will take the information and determine what their next step will be. You can ask them also what they will do next. The more information you can provide to CPS will help to build her case. You can contact Child Help USA at 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453) or you can view their website: http://www.childhelp.org/ for more information. If you feel like you’re in immediate danger, then you should call 911.

Another service that is outside of the police and CPS is called Justice for the Children. It is a national child advocacy organization to help youth when there might be inadequate and/or failure to protect a child from abuse or neglect. They can be reached at 1-800-733-0059 or you can view their website at: http://www.justiceforchildren.org .

We are a 24/7 non-judging, anonymous and confidential crisis line. We can help process through situation, discuss option in more detail, provide local resources/referrals and help in making conference calls to other services or agencies. We want you and your friend to feel safe in contacting us if you or your friend would like to talk more about her situation or anything else you want to talk about. We do not determine what is or is not abuse though. We are here for support and to be a listening ear if you want to call. Our number is 1-800RUNAWAY (786-2929). You are welcome to call at any time and give our phone number to your friend. We look forward in hear from you. We wish you the best!

Take care
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

the thing is shes not being abusived she does it willingly thats the problem i just want to know how to help her out

Comment

Thank you for responding back. It is understandable that you would want to be able to help your friend when you feel that she might be putting herself in danger. It sounds like you are a good friend to want to protect her though. Were you able to pass on the resources to your friend or were you able to contact yourself?

We are a nonjudgmental crisis line. We don’t give advice here or tell callers what to do. However, you are welcome to call us and we can discuss options in more detail with you. Our number is 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929). We look forward in talking with you!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X