No announcement yet.

I need help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help

    So I recently turned 16 in October I dont have a liscence but I do have a permit. I've had depression since about January and I've told my mom about it and shes denied it and said it was false and was just me wanting attention. Shes really mentally abusing and has hit my brother a couple times. I dont get alot of sleep anymore cause I have to take care of my brothers. My mom is lazy and barely ever leaves her unless it's to yell at one of us. I'm currently dating this boy for 6 months and he knows about my depression and the abuse from my mom. He has suggested running away and so has my brother. My boyfriends parents say if I need a place to go I can live there. I dont want to get his parents a fine or jail time. But I need to get out of this house I've tried to commit suicide once and I still have a lit of suicidal thoughts. I'm also in homeschool so I don't leave my house which means I'm constantly cleaning and watching my siblings. It has hit the point were I'm basically raising them myself. My mom has called ignored me and continuously has taken everything away from which has caused me to become more depressed. I don't know how much more I can put up with. My parents are also divorced but my mom has full custody and my dad is not exactly in my life. How can I run away or move out without getting in trouble please help

  • #2
    Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things at home are really hard. We are glad you have contacted us for help.
    At home, you are not treated with the respect you deserve. You are made to take care of your siblings and your mental health issues are not taken seriously. Furthermore, you talk about mental abuse, and some physical abuse towards your siblings. We are so sorry to hear this. It is never okay to be abused in any kind of way. If you ever want to report what is happening at home, you can file an abuse report with CPS. If you want more information about this, or assistance with filing, we encourage you to reach out to Child Help at any time at 1-800-422-4453.
    You mention having thoughts of killing yourself. These must be really hard to hold alone. We want you to know that you can always call us to talk through these thoughts. You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline if ever you are scared you may take your own life. Their number is 1-800-273-8255.
    As to your question about leaving home, it will be best to do this with parental consent. If you were to leave home without consent and stay at your boyfriend’s parents, and your Mom reported you as a runaway to the police, the people harboring you may face charges. The police will also bring you back home. Getting consent can be really hard, but we are here to help. We can help brainstorm ways to talk through this with Mom, or we can even carry out a conference call in which we mediate a conversation between you two. You might also consider enlisting the help of other trusted adults (your boyfriend’s parents?) that can advocate on your behalf. You deserve to live in a place where you are comfortable, safe, and not being mentally abused.
    We hope some of this helps. You are brave to reach out and tell us your story. It must be very difficult, but you are taking steps to make things better. We are here to listen, here to help. If you ever want to call us, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp