No announcement yet.

The Love of My Life

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Love of My Life

    I am 14, The Love of My Life Lives in North Carolina, and the Long Distance is starting to stress her out, she moved there a year back from california. I NEED to be with her, but idk how to get there. ANd On top of that, My mom she keeps hurting my feelings and keeps hitting me. I Just need to GET OUT. there is no changing my mind, i just need help getting there.

  • #2
    Hey there,

    First of all, thank you for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like your relationship with your mother is very contentious and potentially dangerous. We are glad that you felt comfortable talking about your situation and will do our best to help you. Unfortunately, forums are a limited platform for us to discuss what is going on and what could be done. While we will do our best to address the main issue, we encourage you to contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), our ANONYMOUS, toll free, 24/7 hotline, or via live chat at

    You mentioned that you are hit by your mother. If you ever feel unsafe, please make sure to remove yourself from danger and call the police. Your safety is of the utmost importance. If you find yourself without a place to go we do have resources to help you find shelter. We would like to mention we are mandated reporters and would be required to file an abuse report, if you were to reach out to us with identifying information. If this is an option you are interested in or of you'd like more information on reporting you can check out

    We do not want to forget to talk about your reason for contacting us. Your long distance relationship. Being states apart can be very hard. It is understandable that you both wish to close that distance. Considering your age, however, regardless of the state you or your partner live in, if you were to leave your legal guardian you would be considered a runaway, which is a status offense. We aren't legal experts here at NRS, but generally speaking, it will not be on your permanent records, and will not include any time in juvie. But if your mother files a report and the police find you, you will most likely be returned to her.

    It is difficult for us to offer more information and resources, without knowing more about your situation. We would be happy to talk about it if you wish to reach out either by phone or chat. We are here to listen. Here to help. In the meantime, we hope you remain safe.

    National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp