I'm going to runaway soon but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to runaway soon but...

Very recently, I asked a few questions on this forum and I received excellent answers for them, but now I'm back with a new one. To re-set up my situation I am a 17 year old living in a suburban area in Indiana with farms within walking distance, my family has a weird finical situation so I don't have a drivers license or a bank account, but I do have around $500 in cash in my bedroom. I plan on leaver very early in the morning on September 19, so I need everything set up by then.

I have everything set up for my plan to runaway expect for one thing: I'm going to have nowhere to stay. I have no friends to stay with and I don't trust any of my teachers enough. In a chatroom on this website it was determined that the closest youth shelter to where I live would be a 5 hour walk, since I cannot drive. Where am I supposed to go? Where can I stay? Answers to these two questions are vital and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Thanks!

Hi there, thanks for reaching back out with this question. It has to be frustrating to be so prepared to leave with nowhere to go. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

Unfortunately, the main resource you can go to at 17 would be a youth shelter. If you call or chat us, we can always look on our end to see where the nearest shelter is to you and if they have any outreach services. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like us to check: 1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org. You mentioned having no friends or teachers you can go to; which can't be easy. If you have any trusted extended family members or supportive people in your life, you might let them know about what you are going through and how you need a place to stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like help brainstorming your options or help with calling out to your local youth shelter. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X