I’m 12 and want to runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 12 and want to runaway

I don’t know what to do anymore..I have horrible anxiety and I’ve thought about suicide multiple times. I want to run away and never come back, I just feel like that will help with all of my problems. I’ve been thinking of it for at least an year..I know how horribly this will affect my family and the consequences that will come with it but I just want to leave. I’ve read about what to bring with me and I have a whole plan on how to leave.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We would love to hear your plan on how to leave and help you make sure it is safe and will result in the way you hope.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I plan to grab my bags which are already packed and leave early in the morning maybe around 4-5 am so my mom doesn’t know (I don’t have a father figure in the home) And I just run, run as far away as I can out of my small town. Food, money, water, clothes, no sims card in phone and no life 360, hygiene Products, weapons, and that’s it. I know my way around and if I don’t make it out by daylight I know exactly where to hide. I know not to hitchhike or trespass and not to do anything with others that make me uncomfortable no matter what they offer. I have so many problems and I’m so sorry if I’m making you mad....I just don’t know what to do anymore...

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing a bit about what's going on. It sounds like you are quite overwhelmed at home and you are wanting to get away from the stress. It is normal to have this feeling and want to see positive change in your life.

You mentioned already having a plan and a few strategies for staying safe, but running away without a safe place to go can be very dangerous. Having a solid plan before you leave could help you to stay as safe as possible. You may want to think about a safe place to stay with a trusted adult, people you can reach out to for support, what will happen when you run out of money or food, and what could happen if police find you and take you back home.

We want to talk more in-depth with you about your situation and what is making you feel like you need to leave. We can better support you by doing this as well as help you discover all of your possible options. Our email and Bulletin services are different in that we can only respond twice. If you would like to talk more in detail about your situation and receive immediate help, we encourage you to reach out to us through our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button on our website homepage).

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
        NRS

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there thank you for reaching out to NRS,
        It seems like you are planning to run away. We are here to listen and support you through this difficult time and we want to be here to help keep you safe. It seems like you have a basic plan right now and it’s good that you are forming a plan and reaching out to see what options there are.
        As we said your safety is our first priority. It seems like you have a good initial plan for leaving the house but don’t have a long term safe place to aim for. While it’s understandable to feel like leaving and just running to escape the situation you may want to consider how long that will be able to last and your ability to stay safe through this situation. While it makes sense if you are trying to avoid being tracked by your phone to take out your SIM card, it is just as effective to leave your phone off so that you can quickly switch it back on if you need to contact someone you trust to help you or even police if you need.
        One option for a safe place to go to is a shelter if friends/family are not an option. If you are able to call in or chat we can help you to reach out to shelters and find ones near you that might be able to help. There is also https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ which has a texting based service you can use.
        It is understandable to feel overwhelmed by your current problems. Thinking of all the things wrong can make any action feel like a drop in the ocean. But with help there might be options out there to find support for working on these problems and turning them into puddles instead of an ocean. You deserve to have support through tough times and we as well as other programs are here to support you through it all as much as we can. Some other options for help include https://nami.org/Home for mental health, and https://www.childhelp.org/ if part of the problem is abuse in some way.
        If you want to talk more we are here to listen and help talk about options or just for you to vent about the situation if you need. We might have other options with more information about exactly what you are experiencing and can provide more specific help. Or if you need shelter resources near you we can help look them up and find a safe place for you to head to. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe and stay strong,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X