•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    im 15 years old and i want to run away to go live with my bf but theres a problem my parents hate him even tho he did nothing and he lives across the country. my parent can get very rough thats another reason i need to leave i cant be here anymore i have no money my parents pulled me from my job i need help to leave do u have any advice that would help me leave to get to him and to leave this place

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Take care,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    M 14 year old girl from India...i can't tolerate my life i want to start my new life in south korea please anyone is there to help me to travel and find me new parents because my real parents don't really afford me and i know that m not 18 but then also i want to live like k-pop please help me!!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi im from iran its hell in this place and i would love to know, how can i get away from this country leagally or illegally? i dont care which one i just wanna leave this ******** hole the goverment treats peapole like slaves they have rules for forced marriage and they kill peapole here easily they steal money from us and lie about everything so please tell me your suggestions

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for reaching out. Sorry that we did not answer your questions sufficiently in our previous post. To answer your questions, we are not legal experts but it is our understanding that you would need guardian consent to travel between countries by any means (land, air, sea).
    Additionally it may also be illegal for someone to take you on a private jet without your parents permission.

Until you are the legal age of majority in your state (18 in most states, older in others), your parents will remain your guardians unless they transfer custody of you to another person or their custody of you is taken away for some reason. They would still have to consent to you signing contracts if you run away as you would not legally be able to sign a contract yourself due to your age.

In order to find another guardian, your parents would have to give permission to transfer custody of you over to them.

If you are on their phone plan, your parents are allowed to cancel your phone service whenever they want.

We hope that this answers some of your questions and if you have more, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am confused. You didn’t not answer me and I didn’t contact the NRS. Also, if I run away and I have a phone that I got as a gift, are my parents allowed to cancel my phone or whatever it’s called? Idk what it’s called but I want to know. Please answer!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you might have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue. Thank you for contacting us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services. Please call or chat us again if your situation changes or if you have more questions or concerns, or if you need additional support. We are here for you: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org. Best of luck!

Guest replied
    Hi, I’m 13 years old, I live in the US, and I want to run away to South Korea to live as a kpop trainee. My parents do not approve and I know I have to have a parent to get on a plane. I was wondering if I had to have a parent or legal guardian if I go on a private plane. I was also wondering if my parents are still my legal guardians and still have to consent to me signing contracts after I run away. Is it possible for me to find another guardian and then consent to me signing contracts instead even if I’m just living with them? Please help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are thinking about running away but you have some questions on your mind. NRS is here to help and here to listen
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello, I’m a 14 year old Canadian female, who wants to run away to Japan, South Korea, china or Thailand. But I have some worries on if my mother would be able to find me if I just up and runaway, but I also have some relatives in Korea but have never met them before. (Side note that I won’t runaway till the whole covid 19 mess is dealt with.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-06-2020, 06:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied

Hello, thank you for reaching out during this difficult time. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hi im in need of help
    my mom is very toxic and forces me to do ridiculous things and does not let me choose my life I want to run away but there are several problems:first of all im only 14 secondly I live in iran which is the strictest country in the world thirdly my parents do not let me go out alone ever and im broke so a little help please?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X