No announcement yet.

Running Away to Another Country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm 14 and when I'm 15 I want to run away to Okinawa Japan. The thing is, I live in England and I'm not sure if All Nippon Airways (ANA) will let me on a flight. Is there a way that I could get on the plane at age 15 with no consent?

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
      NRS

I can't stand this life! Everyone in my family hates me, I'm sure of it. My older brother is always kicking me around all the time, my other siblings (heck, I don't even want to call them "siblings") always treat me poorly too. They hurl insults (REALLY bad ones) at me, they always gang up on me, they even tell horrible lies about me to my parents just cause they think it's fun to get me in trouble. My parents never listen to me. When I am framed and I try to explain that I'm innocent, they never let me speak. They're like, "Oh, they said you did this so he must be right." I'm always being forced to do work while everyone else does whatever they want. Everyone here mocks me, kicks me around, lies about me, just because they want someone to hate. I want to run away, but I have just one concern: Getting on a plane. I know there are some airlines that will let a 15 year old fly alone without having to use their "unaccompanied minor service," but I don't know if I need a parental consent form to fly internationally(specifically to Japan). I hope I don't need one. Please help me figure out how I can get out of the country alone. (I don't think I had to write the whole first half of this thing, but it felt so good to get that all out.)
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-27-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn. It can be tough trying to sort out your own feelings let alone trying to cope with the bad behavior of others. You do not deserve to be hurt by anyone. It’s not your fault that this is happening. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      You probably would have to contact the airline about ant travel policies. We do not have that type of information.
      If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.
      Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.

Take care,
      NRS

Hi, I am 32 years old and i want to take my child to Europe were I am from. She is in in her grandfather's care and he has temporary custody of her. She is very unhappy in the home bc she feels like an object and "he just starts arguments out of the blue." Is what she told me. She is a legal citizen of England but born in America. If I take her there without anyone knowing who took her or where she is can they come take her while she is in London with me. And if so will I go to jail?

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X