I’m 21 and my mom is not letting me talk to a girl who is 2 hours away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 21 and my mom is not letting me talk to a girl who is 2 hours away

I’m at a standstill in life at the moment. I met a girl in a college town 2 hours away, and I ended up telling her I want to start try and start something with her. She has graduate school a year from now and has already said she is moving to my area once she is done. I’m 21 and she is also 21. When I told my parents, mainly my mom, she freaked out, saying I’m not dating someone 2 hours away, and she started telling me to just move out and do everything myself. The most frustrating part is I have friends who are in long distance relationships and they are allowed to see them, stay with them, have them stay over with them, and are supported through it all. The girl knows about the whole situation and is still here with me, wanting to make things work, even saying she’s willing to wait until things are different in the future. She has told me she loves me, and I do too. The whole thing just feels different, like it’s meant to be and I cannot just simply let it go because my mom said I can’t. I’m in college, and so is she. She lives in a house at her college, and I am still at home because I am able to commute. I am pretty financially dependent on my parents, which is a big reason why I know I don’t have any kind of freedom. She has threatened to kick me out and cut me off because I told her me and a buddy were starting a small business on the side to make some extra money, and she went off the wall about it. She doesn’t know I still talk to this girl, and I am at a breaking point in my life.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It is understandable that you are frustrated by not being able to see the person you care about. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X