Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

First off I was nervous saying this because this is the first time I have talked to someone about this so I am 15 and my girlfriend is 14 and she is thinking of running away so she lives with her guardians and brother. She told me that she does not feel safe at her house. Her guardians have been really strict on her and would yell at her for the dumbest reasons. I'm the only person that really cares about her that she have told me. She almost killed herself once and yesterday night she said she would kill her self or runaway. Happily I convince her not to kill herself and she is now planning to runaway to my house at the end of next week. I just saw that it would be breaking the law and I'm a little scared to be honest I just what to keep her safe and also we don't really have any contact because of her guardians don't what me to talk to her and I don't know if her guardians know that they are doing it to her or know what is going on with her and the only way for her to feel safe is to be around me. Is there anyway that I can help her and sorry for saying this in the morning also.
    ​​​​​​

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your girlfriend is faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to help them as they mentioned wanting to run away. It’s great that your friend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. But yes, you are correct that by allowing her to stay with you is illegal. Your parents could be charged with harboring a runaway. That is something you may want to discuss with them and consider before you make a decision.
    In regards to your girlfirend, you can share this message with her from us, "It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services."

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.
    Take care,
    NRS
    Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X