Thoughts of Running Away/ Relationship Issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts of Running Away/ Relationship Issue

I'm 15, almost 16. I've lived with my grandma since I was a baby. My boyfriend and I broke up recently and she's very negative about it and saying things that aren't true such as: "I never cared about him." or "it was just a waste of time and money for her and we put her in debt." I have been having problems with her for a couple years now. She tells me who my friends can and can't be and it's upsetting. One of my best friends, I'm not allowed to hang out or contact with because my family hates him. It is very upsetting. Fighting with her is very stressful and causing very bad depression. I want to live with my mother, who has parental rights, but my grandmother is my legal guardian.. I'm just so upset and it's stressing me out physically and emotionally.. please help?

Re: Thoughts of Running Away/ Relationship Issue

Hi, thanks for reaching out to NRS! It sounds like you must be going through a lot with your current situation involving your grandmother. We are sorry about your break up and how your grandmother has treated you. It seems like your grandmother has been very frustrating lately with how she has been not letting you hang out with certain friends. An option you have is to talk to your grandmother about how you feel and maybe involve your mother since she is a part of your plan if you decide to leave, if you are comfortable. We are 24/7 and confidential, so if you need to talk over your plan or what you would like to do or say you can contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or on our online chat lines. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X