I want to run away with my boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away with my boyfriend

I am 15 and so is my boyfriend. My parents don't like my boyfriend, and I'm not allowed to talk to him anymore. We don't go to the same school, and so I hardly ever get to see him.
    And it's horrible.
    It sounds so cliche, and a lot of people say that we are too young to be in love, but I really believe that we are in love, and that we're going to be together forever.
    I really can't handle losing him, because he is the one thing that really makes me happy.
    I am so tired of sneaking around, and never being able to see him. And I'm scared that my parents will find out and I'll never be able to do anything again
    We've talked about running away together, we've discussed it seriously, and we are both committed to the idea.
    I need to know if I can stay in school without my parents, and I need to know how much money I'll need, and where and how to get a job. And I need to know how to stay safe.
    I need to make sure that I don't get caught, because if I get caught, my parents will kill me.
    Thank you.

RE: I want to run away with my boyfriend

Hello,
    Thanks for posting your story on our forum. It sounds like you really do love your boyfriend and are willing to go to great lengths to be with him. It sounds really hard to deal with when your parents don’t understand your feelings and prevent you from seeing him. It sounds really unfair.
    We’re not going to be able to tell you exactly how much money you’ll need if you left home. It’s really hard to say since you’ll have to buy all your own food and pay for anything else that might come your way. However, it might be helpful to save up some money before you decided to leave because you never know how expensive things can get or if anything unexpected happens that you’ll need to pay for.
    Typically you’d be able to enroll yourself into a school without a guardian. We’re not legal experts here, but we do know there’s a law called the McKinney Vento Act that ensures you to be able to enroll yourself. However, this might lead to authorities asking you questions about what is happening in your life.
    Another thing to consider is that if you left without permission, your parents would have the right to file a runaway with the police. This would mean your name would be entered into a national database and if you came in contact with the police they would be able to return you home. This might be a factor in enrolling yourself into school as well, but again, we can’t speak for certain about that.
    Laws vary from state to state about what age you are able to get a job without having a work permit signed by your guardians. We’re not sure where you’re writing us from, but you could be required to obtain one.
    It sounds like you’ve made up your mind about running away. We’re not here to dissuade you, but we do want to make sure you’re safe when you do leave. Please consider giving us a call here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and someone here would be able to talk to you in greater detail about your plan and see what options you’d have available to you. Our mission is to keep youth safe and off the street, we’re confidential and open 24/7. If you can’t call please consider our Live Chat right here on this website.
    Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My parents never really liked my boyfriend from the start. And so things happened and one day they caught me and him in my room yunno.. but like 4 months later they saw I had a phone and was texting him. I stood up for him ever since we got together. And we love each other but my parents say it’s lust when it’s not. They say he abused me And he didn’t. He wouldn’t. But they don’t care to know him and well lately I’ve been thinking of running away with him cuz we are tired of not being able not to see each. And he has tried to come talk to my parents but they refuse to talk because he’s not “good” for me but he makes me hella happy and want to live. What should I do? Oh and they don’t know I’m with him..

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a really tricky situation and that your parents are not listening to what you are saying and where your head's at. It must be extremely frustrating that your parents are not understanding the importance of your relationship to you and are refusing to even try and meet you halfway. If you are interested, we offer a conference call service where we can mediate a conversation between you and your parents to try to effectively communicate just how significant your boyfriend is to you. Otherwise, without more information it is difficult for us to say more about what you should or should not do. We would be happy to help you work through these things. If you are interested, please give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X