my boyfriend is going to rehab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boyfriend is going to rehab

I've been with my bf for 6 months i know it's not very long but we fell in love. He had a run in with the wrong people but was never anything that serious. His parents found out and recently gave him an ultimatum jail or rehab. So he's now in rehab for a year no contact not even letters from family. I told him id wait for him. But this no contact is killing me. Any thoughts or similar situations?

RE: my boyfriend is going to rehab

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It’s clear that you care about your boyfriend a lot, and it must be really difficult to not be able to talk to him. It would be hard to know you won’t be able to talk to him or see him for that long. You are definitely not alone in your experience, and it’s good that you’re reaching out for support.

Sometimes it can be helpful to talk about your feelings and experiences with other people. Talking with friends, family, or anyone else you feel comfortable reaching out to can be a great way to vent and share how you’re feeling. You might even find out that they’ve been in a similar situation in the past, and be able to learn how they dealt with not being in contact with someone they loved.

If you don’t feel comfortable talking with anyone you know, it can also be helpful to talk to people online. There are lots of chat rooms where teens can go to talk to other teens going through similar situations, or youth advocates with a listening ear. Places like Teen :ine (www.teenlineonline.org) or 7cups of Tea’s teen chat room (www.7cups.com/teen/BrowseListeners) are places you might start, but there are tons of resources out there, so feel free to explore and find an option that works for you.

And of course if you’d like to talk with us about what you’re going through, National Runaway Safeline is always here to help. You can chat with us online or call us at 1800-RUNAWAY, we’re here 24/7 to listen and help. It must be very difficult to not be able to talk to someone you love, but seeking out support shows that you’re a strong person. We wish you the best in this tough situation.

All the best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X