Guidance on finances and safety net for health insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance on finances and safety net for health insurance

I am 20 in the state of Michigan and would like to know if there are any mods who have information for financial and health insurance safety nets that I could utilize, as I intend to leave my current living situation within the next year and I know I will be cut off completely. I need to know what paperwork I need to get together as of now, as well as any financial steps I should take leading up to me leaving. As well as any guidance on how I should file my upcoming tax paperwork if I am dropping a parent who was once my dependent. Is there anything I need to do or can I just file my taxes solo with no fuss?

Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are a referral service geared toward runaway and homeless youth and their problems. We can refer you to places you can begin to get answers, but your questions are beyond our scope of knowledge. We do support you in your plan to leave your current situation and move toward one that helps you to thrive.
    www.irs.gov would be a resource to do a deep dive into the publications. You can call them at 1-800-829-1040 and also 1-800-829-3676. If you call them, they may be able to direct you to finding the answers you need.
    www.healthcare.gov will give you answers to the State of Michigan’s options for the ACA, and searching www.michigan.gov will give you information on Medicaid.
    We hope these links help you toward finding the answers you need. We wish you the best of luck
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X