No announcement yet.

Conservative parents

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Conservative parents

    Hi, I am a girl at the age of 16, me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 11 months. During these months I’ve been to his house maybe like 5 times. This is all because my conservative dad says “the girl in the family is the face of the family, if you go to a boy’s house you will make us look dirty and bad”. I do not agree with my parents at all. So my question is if someone has an answer for how to get my dad to approve me being at my boyfriends house.

  • #2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow that seems like a really frustrating situation. It is unfair that your father thinks that and it can make for a frustrating situation.
    One thing you could consider is talking with your dad about coming to an agreement where you both can get what you would like. For example you could see about having your boyfriend come to your house instead, maybe your dad would feel more comfortable about that.
    Also at NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your parents and have a conference call. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support for you.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support to you. We wish you the best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove