14 and trans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 and trans

I really hate where I live, it's a small town in the country side. I am gay and I identify as male, I am f -to-m. I hate being near my family, I want to be with my friends that live in a more populated, diverse and accepting town. I don't want to go back to school where I feel unsafe and unhappy. My family was not accepting of when I came out as bi, but now I feel so alone and unhappy identifying as male. I am scared to come out as trans, I feel so trapped whenever they call me by my birth name. I tried coming out as genderfluid to them and I once again got a bad reaction. Every time I try talking about lgbt stuff the subject always is changed immediately. Lately my home feels so suffocating and I just want to move to where my friends are and be accepted. I do not feel safe at school, I am scared to go back and enter my second year. I really want to move, but I don't know where to. I really want to escape this claustrophobic town. I want to restart my life.

We’re sorry to hear you’re going through such a tough time. It’s very difficult when you feel like you don’t fit in or don’t feel appreciated as you are.

Remember, you’re perfect just as you are. Other people who don’t accept you for that are the ones who are having issues with acceptance. And it’s unfortunate, but living in a small town can shelter those people and only make it easy for them not to feel they have to change.

We’re concerned that you don’t feel safe at school. That should be a place where you can feel the safest. We encourage you to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at 1800runaway.org. We’d like to talk to you more about what’s going on and some options you might have. You can also reach out to the LGBT National Help center at glbthotline.org. They have a hotline and a chat and they are great at helping talk people through issues just like yours. It’s a great option, especially, if you’re in a small town and don’t have many local resources you’re aware of nearby.

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime 24/7. We’d look forward to hearing from you. And we wish you the best!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X