My friend is abused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is abused

I have a friend who is abused. She comes to school in 90 degree weather with a coat to hide bruises. She is bullied horribly and the school isn't doing anything about it. She feels horrible and overdoses antidepressants. She has started cutting, and tried to kill herself several times. She has told me not to tell anyone, and that it is okay. I don't want her to be angry with me, or for us to be separated, but I don't want her to be hurt. I also don't want her to be helped, and her look back on me as a bad friend who just stood by. She is a wonderful person and doesn't deserve anything that life has thrown at her. I'm confused and don't know how to help.

Re: My friend is abused

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like your friend is in a bad situation. It’s great that you are trying to be supportive and help. It must be frustrating to be in your situation, too.
    It sounds like your friend could use a lot of different resources. What sorts of things have you tried so far? Maybe there is an adult that could be helpful. Your parents might have some good advice. Or maybe there is a teacher that could be supportive. It might be hard for you to be the only source of support for her, even though it sounds like you are being a really good friend.
    One option is to contact the authorities. We could help your friend make an abuse report. Also, it sounds like you are concerned about her self-injuries. The resource www.twloha.com is very helpful. We would be happy to talk through these options with either you or your friend. We’re here to listen 24/7.
    Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X