boyfriend vs parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boyfriend vs parents

Hi, I am 21 years old & i live with my parents. they have come to the conclusion that they don’t want me with my boyfriend who is 25 & has a record & was a previous drug addict 7 years ago. he worked really hard to get towards his sobriety but my parents don’t think he’ll continue and i’ll be dragged down. they forced me to break up with him but i can’t help but feel how big of a mistake that was. we have our fair share of issues but i love him. he said i could move in with him so we can be together since that’d be the only way we could be, but i’m scared my parents will hate me & cut me out of their lives. they won’t give him a chance to talk to them to prove he loves me and would do anything for me and that he’s actually going to go somewhere with his life unlike their beliefs. i’m just not sure what to do.

Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you’re going through a difficult time and it is good that you are reaching out. As a 21 year old, you are a person of majority. This means that you can legally switch your place of residence without your former legal guardian’s permission. There is also the option of your parents requesting a wellness check on you if you do move in with your boyfriend. A wellness check allows a police officer to check up on the well-being or safety of a person. This could be useful if they are concerned about your new living situation.

Thank you again for contacting us. If you would like to talk more about this situation, please feel free to reach us by phone or chat. Our hotline (1-800-786-2929) is 24/7 and toll free.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

hi. honestly, I can't even imagine how you feel.

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X