14 and wanna move in with my boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 and wanna move in with my boyfriend

Hello, I'm 13 right now but I'll be 14 in September this year I've been in a long distance relationship for about two years now but due to my family issues and having an abusive mom i wanna move in with my long distance boyfriend he's 17 but he'll be 18 at the end of this year. We talked about it since he knows how i stuggle with depression and other mental issues and he cares about me and i care about him he told me once he gets his car and some more money he'll fly to my city and get a job along with an apartment and so since my mom and dad are no longer together and are very abusive i wanna move in with him next year i can't take this anymore with my family it's been going on for years now and i just wanna run away. Run to where I'm really safe really loved i just need some advice.

Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out for help.

It sounds like you are going through a really stressful situation. You don't deserve to be hurt in anyway. If it might be an option for you, you could consider filing an abuse report. You could call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help provide more information on filing an abuse report. Talking to other family members or a school counselor can be helpful as well.

Leaving home can be hard in many cases. It can be helpful to think about where you might stay and how you might pay for food, rent, and other living expenses. While we are not legal experts just speaking generally if you are to leave home without your parents permission and a police report is filed, police can bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway and get in trouble with the law.

This can be a lot to think about and if you would like you, you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.

You are doing great by reaching out for help. We wish you the best.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X