I'm worried about a friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm worried about a friend

I have known this person for a while. I recently found out that she cuts and is suicidal and my other friend and i are worried and it is getting out of control. Today a teacher saw the cuts and she now has 2 hour detention. I do not believe this is right. I dont know what to do.

Re: I'm worried about a friend

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you really care about your friend. It is easy to look the other way and takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help. We are glad that you decided to reach out to us.
    It sounds like your friend has been having a hard time and is hurting herself. We are not sure why she got detention but it does seem like she might benefit from seeing a mental health provider. School counselors can be great resources and may be trained to deal with some of these issues. Have you considered sharing this with them? If you ever feel that she is at risk of hurting herself you can always call 911. She could also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or live chat at http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline...elinechat.aspx or make use of crisis text line by texting "TWLOHA" TO 741-741. Sometimes talking to a family member or friend can be helpful in sharing some stress which she might be dealing with.

This can be a really disturbing and overwhelming situation and it sounds like you are trying to do the right thing by making use of all your options. You can always reach out to us at our 24 hour hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chat with us from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any additional resources. We wish you and your friend the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X