Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad died, and my relationship with mom is destroyed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad died, and my relationship with mom is destroyed?

My dad recently died, 3 weeks ago and it's been so hard. So incredibly hard, I couldn't eat or do anything since last week. My mom has taken this o bad. My youngest sister, passed away 4 years ago when she was 10, she was in a car accident. It was awful. My mom, brother, my dad and I had to grieve and stick together. It felt like my dad was the glue to our family. My 25 year old brother is now struggling with drugs, alcohol, emotional problem and is sort of a mess and my mom and I have never been close, and my dad just held us all together. Now that he's gone, my sister is gone and my brother isn't around and is in and out of the hospital and rehab, my mom and I haven't really been speaking. Before my sisters death, my dad was in the military and it was also like this. She wouldn't really talk to me, my brother or my sister. My dad got an honorable discharge about a year after my sisters death and helped focus on my brothers mental health and my mom and I. It was going pretty well, my brother was getting better and my mom and I talked more. But after dad died, it's gotten bad. My brother is doing worse then ever and my mom and I don't speak. I miss my sister and dad so much, it's so hard and I don't have anyone to comfort me. What do I do? I'm a 14 year old girl.

Re: My dad died, and my relationship with mom is destroyed?

Hello There!

We are glad you reached out to us. It's understandable that you are in need of comfort. It sounds like you've been through a lot of hardship and grief. Losing someone can be very painful. You've lost two loved ones in a short time. You might want to talk to a counselor or social worker at your school for assistance. Friends can also be helpful in offering us comfort. Also, you might want to find some books that deal with grief and pain and how to find comfort in doing things like music or art or exercise. You can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY to talk about your feelings. We are here 24/7 and are confidential. We are here to help.

Best Wishes,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X