Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationship running away

So I have a boyfriend he's 15 we've been together for a good 6 months and recently his mom has been thinking about getting him arrested and is thinking of probably taking him to the police department in the morning and I'm just really worried about him. His mom isn't the best and his dad left him a long time ago and I don't really want him running away but I'm scared of all the things that I think could possibly happen if his mom does decide to call the cops on him, or take him to the police department. Also not too long ago him and my mom were talking about his mom and if he ever thought about running away etc.., how he'd b able to come to my house but since he is my boyfriend and my grandmother would have a problem with that he probably wouldn't b able to stay for long. But we are also talking to a few of our friends to see if they'd b able to keep him for a few days but the only downside is school.we're both not too sure about what would happen if he'd continue to go to school after he runs away we both think that the cops and the school administrators would get him at school. but I'm also really worried since I read an article before I happened to find this website about how in some states they make court cases about running away and such and being honest he isn't the best student he has straight F's right now and we've been skipping school so I wouldn't want him to have to end up going to a foster home or anything and then about running away being illegal but I'm not really sure if it's illegal for monies to run away in Florida. And I also get really worried cause his mom is pretty abusive and instead of doing what I think is the right thing and talking over things with him but instead she just takes the belt to his butt and whoops him as if he was a child and then just leaves and doesn't talk and i know some people might not think of it as much but it's not just one or two smacks with the belt about two days ago she hit him with the belt 45-50 times since he was keeping count. So I honestly don't know what to do and I can't think straight right now.

Re: Relationship running away

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you care a lot about your boyfriend and worry about what may happen to him. It seems there is conflict your boyfriend is experiencing at home, and his mother has threatened to involve the police. It all sounds quite overwhelming, and you seem to feel stuck with what to do and how to help. There's a lot going on, and it's understandable to have mixed emotions and difficulty focusing. We are here to help in any way we can. Since we are not legal experts, we cannot really speak on the law, however, in the event that he leaves home without permission, his mother could try to file him as a runaway. Every state is different in the way they handle runaway situations. It's often best to call the local sheriff's department (non-emergency line) to ask someone about what could happen and if there could be a court case against your boyfriend just to clarify what you found in the article you read. We often find court cases may occur if he's run multiple times before or violated the law. However, the law varies in each state, city, and even county. If you needed any help getting in touch with authorities or agencies that can help, we would be happy to reach out for you or connect you with the appropriate resources.

You mentioned his mom whoops him many times. Sometimes discipline and abuse can be blurry. If he has ever been left with marks or bruises by his mother, it may help to call Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org to talk to counselors who are experienced with minors who are at risk of being harmed or have been harmed before.

Please let us know how we can help. We are best available by phone 1-800-786-2929 or chat www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 02-24-2016, 02:53 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X