X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

ralationship runaway

I am 17 and currently pregnant by a 23 year old i havent told my parnets but i know their response will be against memy boyfriend is going ro be here for me and will let me move with him what problems will i have?
  • ccsmod14
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2014

Re: ralationship runaway

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are in a tough spot and you’re looking for some help figuring things out. We’re here to help the best that we can.

You shared that you are currently pregnant by your 23 year old boyfriend at 17 years old. It sounds like you have not shared this with your family in fear about what their response will be which is understandable. It sounds like you are really trying to figure out what would be best for yourself, baby and boyfriend.
    We’re not legal experts, but generally if someone leaves before they are of legal age (in most states that is 1 without permission from their legal guardians, they would have the right to make a runaway report. If a report is made, and the police find you they would typically just bring you back home. However, anyone that you stay with could potentially be charged for harboring. It sounds like that would be your boyfriend in this situation. There is a helpful website that you can explore that may give you more information on legalities in your state: http://sexetc.org/

If you need are in need of any help scheduling appointments or accessing healthcare during your pregnancy, you are welcome to call us at 1800RUNAWAY at any time and we can look up resources close to you. Or, you can call Planned Parenthood at (800) 230 7526 as an alternative resource.

We wish you the best of luck and are here to talk through any other options or situations at any time.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X