I'm 18 and 3 months pregnant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 18 and 3 months pregnant

I'm planning to just leave because I know my parents want nothing from me and baby they tell to leave I know but I want to leave but when I'm ready and got all my things together when the time comes when I'm showing I'm going to just walk out leave a note and stay with my boyfriend his family knows I'm pregnant but I'm question is will I and my baby be okay since I'm 18? They can't make do anything that will harm my child I'm carrying

RE: I'm 18 and 3 months pregnant

Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write to us here on our public forum. We are always here to listen and help in any way that we can. From reading your post it sounds like you are really trying to look out for yourself and your unborn child’s health. It’s great thing to hear that you are looking to the future and really thinking about your next step. Sounds like you have a plan to move in with your boyfriend and live at his parent’s place so that you don’t have to be at home. Seems like they are really there to support you and your decisions.

You have asked a question that sounds very similar questions to a lot of our callers. We aren't legal experts here at NRS, so we can't tell you exactly what would happen if you were to leave your house. For anyone under the age of 18 (except Alabama and Nebraska [19 or upon marriage], and Mississippi [21]), your parents would be able to make a runaway report in the event that you do run away. Now considering that you are 18 years old, you are no longer considered a run away and/or if you leave home you are not viewed as running away from home. So with that information, you are allowed to leave home at any point you wish to.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X