i'm so confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm so confused

well you see there is this guy that i've known for like a long time and like he said that he loves me..and yeah i like him...but like everyttime he says that he loves me...like i feel something in the pit of my stomach..i dont know what it means..but then whenever i say that i love him back..but like joking around...i feel something there again...and he does too...what does this mean?? i've never felt this with anyone...i dont know what it means...i just turned 14 today...we both have a lot in common..and have both liked each other for along, long, time...please help!

Re: i'm so confused

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are thinking that you may like this guy. It also sounds like you are unsure about these feelings you have. Have you considered opening up to someone about this? Do you have a trusted adult or friend that you can go to about this issue? What about a school counselor?

If talking to someone that you know is not an option, one option might be Teen Line, 1-310-855-4673. They are a California based hotline that is operated by teens for teens. If you are not located in CA, or are unable to call long-distance, they also have a website where you can post questions, http://teenlineonline.org. Another option may be going to a website called sex, etc. http://www.sexetc.org It is written for teens by teens and talks mainly about issues surrounding sex, but has information about relationships as well.

We are not in a position to tell you exactly what you are feeling or what it means, but should you like to discuss your situation further, you are welcome to call us at our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY. You mentioned wanting help, but what kind of help exactly were you looking for? Were there any resources you can think of that we might be able to help out with? If you would just like to talk about the issue, as stated above you can always call us at our hotline. We hope this is of help and wish you luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

you see i've tried talking to people but they just dont know how i feel..they dont understand...so...i've tried talking to my mom but she is to busy that she dont pay attention to me...my dad never really listens...my sister dont care..my brother is not really interested..so i have no one left

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are so sorry to hear that no one in your immediately family has the time to sit down and listen to what you are struggling with. We appreciate your thoughts and feelings around these issues and are glad that you have given us the courtesy to offer you resources. Have you thought about seeking outside help with a private counselor or a counselor in a school type setting?

We are not here to tell you what to do but we hope that since you are okay with talking to us on the post that you can take the time to do the same at our 1800RUNAWAY number. We are confidential and we do not judge you. We can be reached here 24 hours a day if you are looking to speak to someone in person. We imagine that these are tough times and we see that you can use a live person to vent some of that frustration to. We want to know that you are going to be okay and that you can count us for more ideas. We hope that you can find some way to get others outside your family to get some of these things resolved. Do you belong to a local church? We hope that you can find a way to get someone in this sort of position to get you some serious advice. Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon.

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

i dont wanna talk to my school counsler cuz they have never tried to help me ith anything..for some reason they just dont seem to help...they tell me to keep my mind in the books and not social problems...yes i go to church and church classes but they dont like to talk bout outside problems..so i dont know what i should do or who i should talk to

Comment

Hey,

Well if you really feel like there's no one else to hear you out the way you want them to, you can always call here! We're non-judgemental and non-directive so we'll never make you feel bad about whatever you feel/decide to do nor will we tell you what to do.

If you do feel like you need to get some of this stuff off of your chest, please call in at 1800.RUNAWAY 24hrs a day. You don't need to tell us who you are because we're an anonymous hotline and we'll never tell anyone else what you've shared with us because we're confidential.

If this isn't something you want to do, who else do you think you can go to?

Hope to hear from you soon. Best of luck.

-NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X