I can't handle my Mom anymore, and I don't know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't handle my Mom anymore, and I don't know what to do

My Mom and I have always had a pretty rocky relationship, but lately it's gotten really bad. I'm sixteen and have a pretty good life, but when I come home my Mom is constantly making me angry. My family has tried several things to help with my anger issues, but my Mom has the same anger issues, and never thinks she's at fault. We had another fight today in front of my sister, and she told me she was seriously thinking of sending me to Utah to live with my aunt until I'm much older. I don't want to leave the life I've already built here. I am a normally happy person, but I always get grumpy when I'm around my Mom. My Mom then asked my sister if she wanted to get away from this "poisonous environment" as if I'm the poisonous one, and then left with my sister. I don't know what to do. I'm really tempted to runaway, but I don't think I'm brave enough. Please help.

Hi there,
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are having a stressful time and that your relationship with your mom is difficult at the moment. Know that you are brave to reach out.

At the National Runaway Safeline, we have a “Conference Call” service were we moderate a call between a youth and parent/guardian at the youth’s initiation. If you feel safe doing this, you could reach out from anywhere and talk to your mom with someone from NRS. As for running away, if you ever find yourself in an unsafe situation, you can reach out to the National Safe Place by texting 69866 with the word SAFE and your location, and they can find you a close safe place.

Good luck and stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X