Help me ASAP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me ASAP

I’m 14 years old and I feel like I’m mature for my age, Me and my boyfriend has been together for a while and his birthday is on the 19th he’ll be 15, I really want to go spend the weekend with him but I know for a fact my mom will say NO ! I don’t know why but I feel as if she doesn’t trust me . Even though I really want to go over his house I don’t want to disobey my mother !! What should I do ?????
    Starts
    01-14-2019
    Ends
    01-14-2019

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that you feel like your mom doesn’t trust you. It sounds like you’re really torn between not disobeying your mother and celebrating your boyfriend’s birthday by spending the weekend with him. We'll do our best to explore ways you might be able to get some clarity with your mom and figure out your next steps.

One option you have might be to talk with your mom about why she feels that spending the weekend with your boyfriend is a bad idea. It may be that your mom has some concerns that she hasn’t expressed to you before, and this might be a good opportunity to discuss that. It may also help if you consider an alternative to spending the weekend with your boyfriend, like maybe having a date night or asking if she’d be open to extending your curfew on the day you want to go out to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday. It’s tough to know what your mom might be open to without talking to her, so it’ll help to get her perspective.

If you have questions about the best way to approach her, or if you just want someone to talk to, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We can’t tell you what to do, but we’ll do our best to help you stay safe with whatever choice you make. We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X