No announcement yet.

Im 17, id rather stay at my boyfriends house

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 17, id rather stay at my boyfriends house

I'm a 17 year old and my boyfriend is 18. there is so much negativity in my household nobody understands how I feel and ive reached out to my parents countless times but they dont want to hear it or understand it. I want to stay at my boyfriends house because the emotional support is amazing there with his family. It would make me happier and have more will to do things and be successful because I deal with depression and mood changes. I do NOT want to cause any big scenes or disturbance between our families or my boyfriends relationship with my family but I do not want to stay home. Is there anything I should worry about as in legal ramifications with him being 18 or kidnapping, abduction, harboring a runaway. Etc. I dont want any trouble but my family does not consent of me leaving and staying at his house. Thank you to whoever replies With information for me.

Hello.
    It’s great that you have people in your life who provide emotional support that connects with what you feel you need. But it can be especially tough when that support doesn’t come from your family household.
    It’s understandable that you don’t want to cause any friction between the two families and you did the right thing by reaching out to us. While we’re not legal experts, yes, there could be legal ramifications for your boyfriend and his family if they’re found to be harboring a runaway (which you’d be in most states until you turn 1.
    Please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY so we can talk about more options that might be out there and answer more questions you may have. It’s difficult living in that type of situation and we’re here for you if you’d like to talk about those options or are just looking for a friendly ear ready to hear what you have to say.
    We’re available 24/7 and looking forward to talking to you.
    Until then we wish you the best of luck!
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X