No announcement yet.

House search

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House search

If I were to run away and the cops go to a house to look for me, are they able to check inside for me?

Hello There,

Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the law. Running away is not a criminal offense it is a status offense. What that means is that if you were to runaway the police would most likely bring you back home. From our understanding the police would need a warrant to look inside a home, unless the owner lets the police in to look for you. To get the best answer for this question you could call your local non-emergency number and ask them the laws about going into people’s homes. If you are planning on running away you may want to consider your safety and how you will eat. We hope this information was helpful to you in your situation. We just want you to know running away is not your only option, if you would like we can discuss your different options if you call us. If you have any other questions, we are here 24/7 so feel free to give us a call. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X