i dont know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to do

well me and my boyfriend have been together for at least 2 years, and i love him. he has recently asked me if i would ever have sex with him. not really knowing what to tell him i said i dont know. so the other day i was hanging out with him at his house and his friends came over for a quick visit then left. when me and him were alone...we kinda started making out and then he asked me to have sex...i thought bout saying okay..but then i thought bout the concequinces...he wants to use protection...but now days it doesnt always work...i really dont know what to do...i love him and he loves me...nothing has brought us apart...i just dont know what to do...i wanna and i dont...please help.

Re: i dont know what to do

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you really love your boyfriend, but that you do not know if you should have sex with him or not. You say that nothing has brought you apart, so it sounds like you have a pretty strong relationship.

We are not in a position to tell you what to do, but it sounds like you feel like you need to make a decision. You mentioned thinking about the consequences of having sex. You also mentioned protection, so it seems like if you do decide you would like to be careful. Where would you go to get protection? Below are some resources that may be helpful for you in answering any questions you may have about sex.

Planned Parenthood 1-800-230-7526
    Sex, Etc. Website http://www.sexetc.org

You stated that you do and don’t want to have sex, which sounds as though you have mixed feelings. Have you considered creating a list to help weigh the pros and cons? Have you and your boyfriend discussed this together? What will happen if you have sex? What does he think about the situation? If you do not decide to have sex, what do you think will happen? Again, we cannot tell you whether you should or not, but if you decide to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can discuss options with you. We are available 24/7 and are confidential. We hope this has been of some help and if you need anything do not hesitate to call us. Good luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

well me and him talked bout it..and we both know what we are looking for...he said that he doesnt want to force me to do anything i dont want to do...and i think that is really sweet...he doesnt want me or him to be stuck with anything we dont want..well we are going to hold off on this "sex" thing for awhile..which i'm okay with and so is he...thank you so much..ya'll really helped...thank you..

Comment

We're glad to hear you talked things out with your boyfriend. If you ever need anything else, you know where to find us! Best of Luck.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X