Boyfriend VS. Parents ! HELP!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend VS. Parents ! HELP!

Okay so, I fell in love with someone opposite from me. I'm 18 I'm in College I know what I want in life, and my boyfriend he's 23 and he's living not the typical life and kind of went down the wrong path, but he changed but no one can understand that and my parents do not want me with him at all because they are scared and I get that but I know him more than anyone and what we have only god knows. Seriously the only thing wrong is his what he did for a living in the past. I love him with all my heart we are both in love and even planning on eloping I'm jut really overwhelmed! Please what should I do? I'm willing to just run away with him because my parents are trying to control my life and I hate that. I want to take risks and live how I want with whom I love. Please help this was my last resort because my friends and family don't understand anything. They don't know him for how he treats me or what we have been through they just know him for what he did in the past.

re: Boyfriend VS. Parents ! HELP!

Hey there,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things have been really difficult for you at home and you are looking to move out with your boyfriend. It takes great courage to reach out for help.

It looks like your boyfriend made some wrong decisions in the past but is now doing better. We are not legal experts but speaking in general terms since you are 18 years old you have the right to stay where you want to and lead your life on your terms. But leaving home can be hard in many cases. You might want to think about how you might pay for rent, food, and other living expenses. We are happy to talk to you, and share resources if you would like to call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline or live chat with us from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST.

We wish you good luck with whatever you decide.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X