A friend of mine is getting abused..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine is getting abused..

I have a friend named ********. We do not live close to each other, but I still want to get him help. His parents have been abusing him for years, and he was also sexually abused by his mother when he was a child. Thankfully, she doesn't do that anymore, but he still gets abused.

I would appreciate someone telling me the evidence I need to help him. I care a lot about him, and I refuse to let him be in pain. I'm afraid they're going to kill him one day.

Please someone give me some advice. It hurts knowing he's in pain. And I rarely get to talk to him and know what's going on, because they keep taking his phone.. So please, someone help me help him.

Re: A friend of mine is getting abused..

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you care a lot about your friend and want to present him with some safe options. It must be really frustrating not being in contact with him and knowing that he can be in potential danger.

We can’t speak for child protective services, but generally speaking, they might open an investigation, interview your friend, his family, other people in his life. Some things that might be helpful to proving abuse are if he has any medical records or if he can take pictures of his injuries to show CPS.

CPS may determine the home environment in the following ways: no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the child from the home and offer certain services). If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

It’s also important to assess the risks associated with reporting and taking precautions. Would his family retaliate by harming him worse? Would they try to isolate him further? There’s a lot for your friend to think about when making the decision to take action. You may want to consider encouraging him to call us or the Child Help USA hotline: 1-800-422-4453. We can talk to him in more detail about his situation as well as look for safe places where he can stay if that’s something he’s interested in.

Thank you again for contacting us. We do hope this information is helpful and encourage you to contact us directly for resources or to discuss this further.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X