Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 16 and want to live with my boyfriend(20)???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 16 and want to live with my boyfriend(20)???

Hii I'm 16 years old almost 17. I want to move out and live with my boyfriend that is 20, there's nothing wrong with my home I Just dont wanna live here anymore I need help dont know what to do...and I might be pregnant... and my parents wont like that please can you help me I also heard that there's no law against a 16 year old that wants to move out but I dont want to move out and then they come get me I really want to live with him it would be better me and my step mom dont get along there's too many kids in this household...please help me???*Really dont know what to do???

RE: I'm 16 and want to live with my boyfriend(20)???

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation. It sounds like you might be pregnant, and you don’t get along with your stepmother. That sounds really stressful and hard to deal with. You said that you heard there is no law against 16 year old running away. We are not legal experts, but we do know that until you turn 18, if you leave home without permission you could be considered a runaway. This means that your parents could call the police, who might force you to return home. Running away is not a crime, however anyone who allows you to stay with them could risk criminal charges for harboring a runaway. Because of the age difference between you and your boyfriend, depending on the age of consent laws in your state, your boyfriend could face serious penalties or even jail time for having sex with an underage person. . In some areas, police might not take a runaway report for youth who are close to turning 18, or they might take a report but not force a youth to return home. How a local police department responds to the situation can vary drastically. A good way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are.
    You mentioned that you might be pregnant, and that your parents will be upset. That sounds like a really scary and stressful situation. If you need help talking through the situation and coming up with a plan, we are here to listen and help. A good source of information is www.sexetc.org. They have resources and information about pregnancy and even an overview of age of consent laws by state, which should be helpful to you. If you have any questions or you need to talk, we are here for you. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call 24/7. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X