Me and my girlfriend might run away... again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my girlfriend might run away... again

First lets start with this, I am 16 and she is 14. We have run away one time recently because her parents are strict and dont let her leave her room when she gets home everyday, Recently the school got involved with it and they said if we are caught walking the halls together or talking to eachother we will both be suspended. I have already had to talk her out of suicide since the school did this and we onnly had to do it for 1 day so far. I don't really think the school should get involved with our relationship, I plan on marrying her but this is ripping our relationship apart. She started cutting herself agan and it scares the living ******** out of me. She was cutting when we got together but I got her to stop after a while and the school got her to start back. I don't know what to do if I lose her please help me.

RE: Me and my girlfriend might run away... again

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like things are quite stressful and overwhelming for you and your girlfriend right now. It seems that there have been some issues in the past with her parents that are resurfacing. You mentioned that you may run away again. It sounds like you and your girlfriend were trying to find an escape from everything, but now the school has become involved which may be adding even more pressure. It sounds like you care about your girlfriend very much and want her to be safe and in a supportive environment. It's great that she has you as support especially during this time. Sometimes it is most helpful to have a space where you can talk about how you are feeling and explore some options and resources that can best help you and your girlfriend. We are here to listen and help. If you or your girlfriend can call or chat with us, we would love to talk more about some of the options that are best for you bout and can keep you both safe.

In the mean times, some helpful resources that are available for your girlfriend are the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. This hotline is available to anyone experiencing depression, anxiety, suicide, and any other issues. There are trained mental health professionals that can chat or speak with her about the feelings she is having. To Write Love on Her Arms, www.twloha.org is also a resource that can help your girlfriend gain a sense of understanding with her self-injury. We can also provide some professional resources for counseling or therapy which sometimes can be a better option for getting help with depression and suicidal thoughts.

Please reach out by phone or chat soon. We wish you the best and hope you stay safe.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X