Mom won't let me out of her sight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom won't let me out of her sight

Hello, I'm 19 years old, almost 20. I work with my mom and have my associates as well. But my mother is too strict, I can't visit friends, they can't visit me, I can't call anyone but her or for what she needs. If I want to go somewhere, one of my younger brothers has to tag along, or she does. I would like to move out, considering I have a good amount saved, and my own furniture set. Im not even allowed to date. She said if i moved out, she will disown me, or make me come back one way or another. I still want her in my life, but I'm scared of what she can do, any advice please?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about who your mom treats you. It sounds like she is very strict. Since you are an adult, you have the right to leave home without parental consent. Your mom cannot force you to stay at home against your will. Unfortunately, we do not give advice here due to our non directive approach. You are the expert in your own life, you have to do what you think is best. We hope that this helps, if you have any questions or just want to talk please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X