No announcement yet.

Visitation runaway

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visitation runaway

    I’m 16 years old I live in Nevada with my dad and my mom lives in Ohio I want to go live with my boyfriend but i do t want my mom to get into trouble or be found I’m going back to visit in December and thinking about running away to his house in West Virginia how do I do this ?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. It sounds like you are thinking about living with your boyfriend. The easiest way to leave home is with your guardian's permission. You could also try looking into emancipation laws for your state. If you decide to runaway, your dad has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't illegal but if you were to stay with your boyfriend, he could get charged with harboring a runaway. We hope that this information helps, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any questions or just want to talk.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove