Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Me and my gf are banned from being together due to homosexuality.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Me and my gf are banned from being together due to homosexuality.

I'm bisexual, always have been. But for the first time, i fell deeply in love with this girl. I'm 19 shes 18. We're both from the middle east where homosexuality is illegal. my parents are very religious and when they found out about my relationship they banned me from ever seeing her, going out, using my phone, or even going to the university in the same country as her. They want to send me abroad (Which I don't mind because shed follow). But that's in 6 months or so and with the promise that id be their "good daughter" or they'd disown me. So i could hide the fact that shes following and travel to escape them and be with her and still not lose them.. its still in 6 months! By then I would've lost my mind and she and I would break. This has been going on for two months now and I'm losing my mind. I feel like I'm not enough for them just by being who I am. I feel ill never be the daughter they always wanted, unlike my perfect brother. I miss her with everything in me. We are planning to run away together. She has been working for a while and we have the money to eat and rent a studio, but not for education. I'm scared of change and terrified that one-day ill wake up and think i did the wrong thing or that i miss my parents or even that i hurt them. My dad got sick (he's not so young) after hearing of me and her. He has heart problems. I just don't wanna leave and completely destruct the family, but i cant stay and live a life that isn't who i am nor my identity. Please help, what should i do?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help.It sounds like you are going through a lot and the people around you are not being supportive. You deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe. We cannot tell you what to do because you have to make the decision that you feel is best. You are the expert in your own life. You and your girlfriend are adults and have the right to leave home and love whomever you both want.

We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. You’re bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are experiencing or get additional support we are here 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or our live chat service. The GLBT National Hotline at 1888-843-4564 is another option to gain great support from those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can access their website link bellow to utilize all the other possibly useful resources they have to offer: http://www.glbthotline.org/. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X