I don't really know what to do.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really know what to do.

I've been feeling really awful lately, and the only thing that's been on my mind is the idea of running away.
    I'm sure the main reason why I want to run away is to just start over. I'm tired of my school and the friends I have right now; trying to keep up friendships is exhausting yet, I hate the feeling of abandonment and rejection.
    School has just been horrible since i'm failing a lot of classes right now (even though it's only October), and I just don't know how to handle school work well considering my parents haven't been able to afford tutoring and school time itself seems really short.
    I don't know what else to explain other than this. Social interaction has just become very tiring to me, yet at the same time the only thing that keeps me motivated to do well (considering there will always be a possibility I might make a good friend finally, but it hasn't happened yet). I don't have a lot of friends and fantasizing about having a good friend in my life gives me some sort of light; but it isn't enough.
    I'm guessing I might have some sort of mental disorder affecting me socially, but i'm not sure how I could get that checked out or handled.

Also, it seems like family plays a huge role in someone's decision to run away. Not mine, I think.
    My parents aren't married, both of them haven't finished high school, and my mom drinks, while my dad smokes.
    They don't do a lot to help me do school work, or help me through any type of mental problems I have.

Anyways, besides that, i'm a 13 year old female living in the US.
    Again, I don't know what to do about, all I would like is support.

re: I don't really know what to do

Hello there,
    First we want to thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you are having a really tough time with a lack of friends and social support at school. That seems to be really sad for someone to go through. We’re always here to try and support you in the best way that we can.

You mentioned that you are struggling to keep up with school work. If you haven’t, could you maybe try speaking with teachers or other school administrative staff about the trouble you’re having? You are really smart for trying to come up with some options for yourself. You sound like you’re pretty self-aware. It may also be a good idea to check out some after school programs that could be good for helping with school work. It could also help you to meet some new people. It’s entirely up to you, but a start.

Remember, we are always available by phone 24/7 for support us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Good luck, and stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X