In love with my best friend but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In love with my best friend but...

So im a 14 y/o girl, and i have a 19 year old best friend who I met online. Now i trust him a lot, im pretty sure he doesnt lie and were like siblings. We've voice chatted, i've seen his face, and he's like the perfect guy. He respects me and he knows my boundaries. The problem is....he's gay, and even if he wasnt, EVERYONE would yell at us about the age gap, even though he knows im asexual and nothing sexual would ever happen between us because he respects that. I dont know what to do, i love him a lot and he's like the only one i can talk to and i feel like i want to be with him forever, and we do plan on meeting up one day and hanging out at a convention or a fair (were both furries and we'll have fursuits in the future to dress up and play around as our characters) but he also lives out of the country in england, and i dont know how im going to get to him unless i wait until im 18 and try to go to college there

But even then, i cant become a permanent resident to stay with him for good because of all the immigrant laws getting in the way!

re: In love with my best friend but...

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out today and sharing a bit of your story with us. It sounds like you have built a relationship with someone you care about and that you both are great supports for each other. It must be frustrating to be in a place where you feel like you can’t be with him – because of how people would see your relationship and because of distance. It sounds like he cares a lot about you but doesn’t see you have a romantic relationship. That can be difficult. It’s great that you reached out and shared what you’re dealing with. Sometimes just voicing what it is that’s frustrating us can be a good way to deal with it.

If you ever want to talk about this relationship and your feelings around it, please don’t hesitate to call or chat with us. You can call us 24 hours a day at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm central time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X