No announcement yet.

Long distance relationship

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Long distance relationship

    So im dating a guy who lives in Kansas and I live in Wisconsin. He's 15 and im 13 (me and him are both pretty mature for our age). As you can imagine, long distance relationships are difficult. This is in the relationship threads but this is kinda about family issues too. My brother is physically abusive and my parents are verbally abusive. People are my school are both physical and verbally abusive. I want to run away to live with my boyfriend but im scared to. What if my parents call the police and they take me back? my parents would hate me. How would i get to Kansas from here? How would i bring everything i would want? When would i do it? Would anyone care? Would i make it to Kansas? I have so many questions that i cant answer and it bothers me. Me and my family dont have a strong relationship and we get in fights alot. I have bipolar depression and anxiety which makes everything worse. They only seem to care when ive cut which i havent done in a while. I just want to run away so much i hate where i live, my family, and people at my school. I just want to be with my boyfriend. His parents are so nice and caring and he has no siblings so it would just be me and him. I would feel so much better and safer with him. Im scared and i dont know what to do. PLEASE HELP

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like a tough situation. No one deserves to feel unsafe in their own. We are here to help as much as we can. One thing to think about is running away is not illegal, it is a status offense, which means if you leave the home without permission and the police find you, they will send you back home. Another to know is if you are living with someone while a runaway, the person helping you can be criminally charged for harboring a runaway youth. It sounds like you are going through a lot, and we definitely like to help you explore some options and resources that you may have available to you. One option that may be helpful to you is child abuse reporting. If you feel like you are being abused by your family members, you can call CPS and make a report to seek the help you need, or you can call us and we can help you make the report. Self-harm is a serious issue, and if you ever feel like harming yourself we encourage you to visit for additional support. It sounds like you have a lot of questions and concerns, and we would like to help you explore those concerns.
    We encourage you to call us at 1800-786-2929 so that we can provide you with some resources such as shelters, counseling, legal aid, child abuse reporting, conferencing calling, and other resources. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you,
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp