I hate my life and want to leave it behind

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my life and want to leave it behind

I hate my life because it seems like no one cares really what happens to me.
    First i have friends who treat me like dirt. They make jokes about me and given the fact that they fully realize how sensitive i am about being made fun of. I am a person who is super nice and a little naive when it comes to my friendships. I've gotten so used to being taunted that i just don't care that much anymore. I'm always there to listen and care about everyone's problems but when it comes to mine its like oh well that sucks get over it. They even get upset at me when I actually start sticking up for myself and say something about like it's my fault. I hate it. I'm planning to run away because truthfully I think they wouldn't care at all. I'll just fade away from their minds just like that. I've cut myself so deep but the next day nothing. I've cried myself to sleep trying to figure out what's wrong with me.

Re: I hate my life and want to leave it behind

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are really going through so much lately and we are sorry to hear about all of this. It sounds like you are really in a lot of pain but we are really happy that you were brave enough to ask us for some help. We’re here to support you in any way that we can.

You shared that you have been cutting. This is a really difficult thing to be dealing with alone. There is a website that can be helpful regarding self injury that you can access here: twloha.org. Another resource we’d like to pass along is the National Suicide Hotline at (800) 273 TALK that is available 24/7. We recognize that self-injury does not always mean suicidal ideation, but this hotline can be helpful in any case. They also have chat available here: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

It sounds like you are feeling like your friends don’t care about you. This has got to be a difficult thing to deal with every day. There is a hotline that is made up of teens helping other teens with various different situations, and we feel like you may find some comfort and support through this resource. You can check out their website here: https://teenlineonline.org/

We’re not here to tell you that you should or should not run away, because you know your situation better than we do. We’re just here to help keep you safe in what you decide. There are a few things that can be helpful to think through when making your decision:

Do I have a place to stay?
    What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
    Am I going to be gone awhile or coming back in a few days?
    What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
    Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    Do I have a safe, solid plan?
    What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?
    What have I done to make things better at home?
    What can I do to make things better at home?
    Who have I reached out to make things better at home?

Please do call or chat to talk more. We’re here to help 24/7.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected]naway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

I hate everything. The only thing that makes me happy is my daughter and she is 19 and working and in school. I hate my job. I really have no friends and never had a family. My first husband killed himself and i love my husband now but think i married to not be alone and have same issues as with my first. I do not have a clue what to do but i am so unhappy

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline, it takes a lot of courage to share your story and be open about what is going on. It sounds like you have been through many experiences that have been difficult for you and are also aware of your current state of feeling unhappy. You mentioned not having many friends or family. It may be good to look into community resources, groups, or interest to find support in other forms.
        Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov or call them directly at 1-877-726-4727 to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255)
        We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.
        We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X