Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do anymore

Im 15, almost 16 my dad is really religious and he doesnt let me do much at all anymore and my mom usually agrees with whatever he says and I've tried talking to her but nothing ever changes.. Me and my boyfriend have been dating almost two years and he told my boyfriend to break up with me because my boyfriend isn't a Christian and neither am I but dad doesnt know that Im not a Christian. Anyway, Me and my boyfriend didn't break up because we weren't gonna let him do that to us. We're still together but things are so hard and I haven't seen him in a month:/ I really do love him, hes a great guy and we've shared so much together and I do not wanna lose him
    he's the only one I have because Im not able to have many friends.

being here in the house all of the time is giving me horrible depression, I've self harmed and have suicidal thoughts everyday and I need to get out of here but my parents never let me leave and I've even thought of running away a lot:/ Im on the edge and I can't eat or sleep because of it.

re: I don't know what to do anymore

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you are going through a difficult time with your parents and having them accept you as you are. We want you to know that you matter and that we are here to support you in the best way we can.

Have you thought about potentially being able to talk to your dad about how you have been feeling and how his decisions have been affecting you? Sometimes just being able to talk to your dad about what you have been feeling can be a way to open up the lines of communication and see what is the best way that you all can come to a compromise. If this is something that might make you nervous or you feel like you are not able to do it alone, please feel free to reach out to us. Here at NRS, we have a conference calling service where we would be able to serve as a mediator between you and your parents to try and help open up the lines of communication and see if there is a middle ground that the both of you could meet.

We hope that we were able to let you know more about what we do and how we are able to help you. If you feel like you need to talk further and explore options, please feel free to reach out to us. Our hotline is available 24/7 and our chat services is available every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to receive your call or chat soon!

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X