My Ex who's dating someone sexually assaulted my best friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ex who's dating someone sexually assaulted my best friend

My ex-has been dating a girl for over five months has been trying to get girls/boys to have sex with him or send him nudes. and a couple days ago during class, he was feeling my best friends thigh who didn't want it and he told him to stop. My ex-didn't and continued up his thigh towards his ****. he started caressing it and ******** and told him not to tell his girlfriend. we told his girlfriend and she's still with him. we've been trying to get my best friend to tell an adult but he won't. it'd be nice to know what to do...
    Last edited by ccsmod5; 04-06-2018, 10:49 PM.

Hi and thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are concerned for your friend and not sure what to do – your friend is lucky to have someone like you looking out for him!

Have you tried talking with your best friend about whether he feels he should tell someone about what happened? By leaving the decision up to him, he would be in control of what is shared and with whom. Maybe you could offer a trusted teacher at school, or maybe trusted parents.

We can tell how much you care for your friend and what happened. People who have experienced any form of sexual assault may be processing the event in many different ways. By allowing them the control of making decisions, you are respecting their process and their wants. Also, by allowing them to make choices, we may avoid making their situation worse (because we don’t fully know their perspective of the situation).

Also, we have a few resources that might be able to help you navigate this situation:

National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline:
    1-866-331-9474
    ww.loveisrespect.org

SEX, etc. (comprehensive sexuality education)
    www.sexetc.org

Thank you for reaching out on your friend’s behalf. We are always here at 1-800-RUNAWAY for you and your friend, or anyone else involved, should you feel comfortable enough to call us. We are confidential, and we are here to support you.

We wish you the best of luck and we hope this was helpful. We’d appreciate your feedback of our forum services at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X